TERMS & CONDITIONS
We don’t accept cheque payments.
All prices include VAT at the VAT rate.
All prices are subject to change from time to time.
Payments need to be made in full before we can release items back to you.
We reserve the right to suspend servicing you if old orders remain unpaid
DROPPING OFF ITEMS
You will be given a till ticket. Check the ticket order as count and description is final.
If you believe the depreciated value of your garment/item exceeds 10 times our service charge, please declare the value. In which case the garment/item will be serviced at 1/10 of the declared item.
We will require a completed and signed Customer Consent form to authorize the processing of any item that we consider a risk.
We may also request this form to be completed for processing- curtains, rugs, leather and suede, wedding/ beaded/ evening dresses and or other household or non-clothing items.
Lost tickets will require I.D
Check your order is complete in the shop-o liability for missing items once you leave.
Uncollected items may be disposed of after 90 days. We will not be liable for any loss that you may suffer in such events.
ALTERATIONS AND REPAIRS
Before going ahead with the repair or alteration for which you will be charged, we will check with you to confirm the price.
Missing or damaged buttons will be replaced, if we can find the match. If you have the button, pleases attach it to the garment and clearly note it on paper.
Sorry but we can not be liable for:
- Any items that suffer colour loss/shrinkage/damage during the cleaning process, manufacture’s care label instruction have been adheard to
- Any feathered/ down filled item
- Any accessory attached to or contained within any item. An “Accessory” means (but is not limited to) belts, buckles, buttons, broaches, beading painted logos, leather, trims, furs, signs, zips, hoods, collars and inner linings.
- Any item which is damaged by any accessory on that item
- Any Ink marks left behind by our poly-marking label system
- In the advent that any garment /item is lost/ damaged by us and is part of a set E.G two piece suit/ furnishing/ curtains/ upholstery/ laundry, We will only compensate for the lost/ damaged item that is documented on the customers ticket. We will not compensate for retrospective value of set loss/ damage.
- Any item that has deliberate crinkles and creases effects on the fabric which are removed during our cleaning process.
- Any item which fault adhesive or interfacing which leaves a mark after cleaning.
- Any item which, due to wear and tear or due to its integral nature, is unable with stand an industrial laundered or dry-cleaned process.
- Curtains, blinds (venetian, roman)-For the avoidance we are not responsible for the following:
- Glued on trims- Many adhesives will not withstand the solvents used in cleaning, especially if affected by exposure to light of if more then one year old.
- Tassels - these may have been weakened by the affects of light.
- Tie –backs- many of these are not designed to be dry-cleaned. Some are stiffened with plastics liners and often glued during make and ease of manufacture.
- Weights in the bottom of curtains- these can be small, round, lead weights or chains that can do untold damage during cleaning as they are smashed the caged sides during the tumbling action.
- Swags and tails- these are often cut on the cross (bias) to aid the drape. They can be pulled out of shape during cleaning.
- Flocked velvet may change over time and become hardened.
- Silver and gold painted designs- most pigments only adhere lightly to the surface of the fabric can be lost during cleaning. Some may survive the first or second clean, but lost can be progressive over each clean, depending on the amount of mechanical action they are subjected to. Please be aware we are not responsible for this loss.
- Watermarks contained within the fabric- may not be possible to be removed during cleaning.
- Old or poor stitching- May loosen during cleaning.
Weakened fabrics as a result in ultra violet light exposure- May only be noticeable after they are taken down. Weak fabric may be damaged during cleaning.
- Shrinkage- In the cleaning process may be 10%. Stretching post-cleaning may restore some of this length, but they may relax over time.
- Household items (duvets, bedspread, upholstery covers), Leather and suede items
Please note that adhesives, defects and faults which are previously camouflaged in manufacture may become more apparent after the cleaning process, and although every care is taken, we can not always disguise natural flaws or totally remove adhesive, or stretching techniques employed by the manufacturer. These items may “age” after cleaning. All items are therefore only accepted by us for cleaning at your own risk.
Customers are responsible to mention all the stains when they leave the garment with us.
By leaving your stained item with us for cleaning, you confirm that you accept our Terms & Conditions.
We will only process the stained items under owner’s risk and the result cannot be guaranteed. This means, in the event that the chosen method of processing damages you item will not be held liable, it is entirely at your owner’s risk.
We aim to remove all stains but in some cases this is not possible. The chances of stain removal are reduced if any non-professional techniques have been applied such as the use of water or soda.
We treat problematic stains with great caution but sometimes to achieve results we need to use harsher techniques and chemicals. We may not be able to guarantee the results.
RE CLEANING POLICY
Although we have quality control where we check each garment before we pack, if we are unable to remove stains we usually inform customers before. If something slips through and you are not completely satisfied with the quality of our dry cleaning, we will re-clean your item free of charge, as long as it’s within 24 hours.
SUEDE & LEATHER
Suede & Leather garments are examples of materials that have inherent weakness or defects in the material. They are subjects to natural flaws. We cannot take responsibility for colour inbalance, shrinkages and change of texture. The use of incorrect adhesive during garments manufacture to secure hems and other parts or borg linings may result in adhesive coming to the surface during cleaning, and showing as stains on the surface of the garment and linings and stitches may come apart.
This service does not include pre spotting and pressing. We take care of all your garments care needs however we take no inventory or check washing label instructions. We are careful with all items but are unable to accept any complaints or claims for fastness, shrinkage or missing items.
Please make sure your Service wash bag contains washable items only.
Late Delivery – We have spent many hours and tested a range of different procedures to help ensure that your dry cleaned garments arrive when expected. However, London traffic being as it is there might be unusual circumstances, which make it impossible to deliver your order during the scheduled day. We will do all that we can to keep you fully informed using email, text message or telephone. Our policy is that if we cannot deliver on the expected day, it will be delivered immediately the following working day.
If, after placing the order, a customer becomes aware the driver will not be able to collect or deliver to their address at that time due to any circumstances, the customer must inform the company as soon as possible. The company will endeavour to agree another convenient time, but this would be subject to availability by time and date. If the driver visits the address within the scheduled time and there is no response or is unable to gain access, the customer will be informed. In such circumstances, the company will endeavour to agree another convenient time, but this would be subject to availability by time and date. The company reserves the right to terminate the account of a person or address where this occurs repeatedly.
The company reserves the right to not accept and order or cancel an order if there is reason to suspect staff may be at risk of physical or verbal abuse or if there have been problems of the customer not opening the door to a collection or delivery previously or difficulties of access to the premises.
Where an order requires collection or delivery above the third floor, should there be no access by lift, either permanently or temporarily, the company reserves the right to decline the collection or delivery. The company would want to be helpful in these situations and would request that the customer contact them and make them fully aware of the situation and needs. Where it is possible, practical and not a health or safety issue, the company will endeavour to explore ways to still help the customer but cannot guarantee to be able to do so.
All offers, whether displayed on the website, advertisement, leaflet or any other means, subject to change at anytime.
If you are unhappy with our service, please raise this issue with the branch who handled you garment. Official complaints should be submitted in writing within 48 hours.
Liability for any reason (including, but not limited to, lost or damaged items) is limited to the lesser of 10 times the cleaning cost or the depreciated value of the item as determined by the International Fair Claims Guide. (This can be located at drycleaningcomplaints.com)
We will not be liable for any item(s) not collected more than 3 months after dropping off such item(s) with us.
- Any claim settled by us will be on condition that it is accepted by you as a full settlement
- We will not be liable for any damage which is not related to or cause by the cleaning process
- We will not be liable for any claim which is excluded under the General Exclusion paragraph above or if you haven’t followed the process for making a claim under the Customer Paragraph above
- We follow the Textile Service Association (TSA) industry guidelines for fair compensation. From these guidelines we would potentially compensate you once liability is proven by us, only once the age, original value and proof of purchase is clearly established. We do not replace old for new and there for needs to establish the age, state and condition of the item(s) prior to any compensation being paid out. We will apply a depreciated value to the item(s) as set out by the TSA guidelines.
- If there is a doubt to the cause of damage to any item then an independent third party will be appointed by the laundry technology centre. The result of such analysis will be final and will form the basis for any compensation due. The cost of any such analysis shall be paid for by the third party which the laundry centre determines liable.
OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
We respect our customers privacy and do not sell any identifiable information regarding our customers to any third party. Any information you give us held with the utmost care and security, and will not be used in ways to which you have not consented.
We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions without notice. New Terms & Conditions will be available in our shop and on our web site.
These Terms & Conditions do not affect your statutory rights.